Youngstown State University Student Organization Accounts
Associated School Employees Credit Union offers organization accounts specifically designed for student organizations at Youngstown State University. With an on-campus branch in Tod Hall, you’ll never have to go far to deposit checks, change signatories, order checks or ask questions about your account and its features.
manage your organization’s finances with an student organization account
- No monthly service fee
- FREE Online Banking, sign up here
- FREE eStatements, learn more here
- Visa Debit Card available by request
- FREE Check copies for Student Government Association reimbursement requests
- Quarterly statements for easy account auditing
- FREE coin wrappers & cash straps
YSU Student Organization Account:
- Student Organization account checklist
- Student Organization account application
- Student Organization account Resolution and Agreement *required for new accounts
- VISA Debit Card request form
- Check Orders - order checks for your organization
- Tax ID number (EIN) - An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, and is used to identify a business entity. Learn more about obtaining an EIN.
Changes to Current YSU Student Organization Account:
ASECU office is located in tod hall, basement level
The YSU office location is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm and is closed daily from 1:00pm-1:30pm for lunch. Telephone: (330) 941-3204 or (330) 792-4000 #4 Fax: (330) 941-1498 For more credit union locations, click here.
best practices for student organization accounts
- Balance the account monthly
- Set up reminders to change signors on account
- Set up reminders to change passwords for online banking
- Retain account statements in a secure place
- Perform an annual account audit
- Name one individual as account manager to oversee the account
- Develop organization accounting procedures for record keeping. Require receipts for reimbursements and keep them in an organized filing system.
- Discuss the pros and cons of using debit cards, as the misuse of funds can be much greater. Checks will require a signature and can be more easily traced than electronic transactions.